24 January 2012

Something for my love

Anyone noticed my favourite colour so far? lol

Ok, then it became time to branch out a little and make something for someone else, and who better to experiment on than my lovely boyfriend. If they aren't meant to be our guinea pigs, then who is?



I made him a hat, we had recently watched Scott Pilgrim V's the world and there is a scene when he is walking outside in the snow and has a long floppy hat on.



So my boyfriend wanted one similar, his favourite colours are Green and Brown though, so not a complete replica. I also slightly changed the design, and inadvertently made it much plainer. Anyway it was my first hat and he fell in love with it and was wearing it everyday, even through the summer, he said it breathed so didn't make his head hot like other hats he'd worn.




Until one fateful day when I decided it needed a wash after being worn so much, also it was starting to slightly stretch, so we put it in the wash on a cool wool wash and when it was dried it had slightly shrunk, not in the place we wanted it to though!. He kept wearing it as he said he loved it so much, until just recently when I've finally gotten round to making him a new one, he doesn't like this one as much because I used different wool in hopes that it wouldn't stretch round his head too much, it's growing on him slowly lol

No comments:

Post a Comment