22 January 2012

Pinky mitts

As I said I started my next project in the middle of my scarf knitting, well I started knitting these mittens. It was only the third thing I had knitted so I made a practice one as I was going. With each different step I pre-knitted on the practice one, making lots of mistakes as I went just so that I could create some perfect ones to wear.


Actually if I'm making something new I always tend to have a first not so good one, so once we've moved into our new house I'll have myself a creative corner, I'm going to put all of my failed items up on display, I think they're all quite quirky in their own ways and shouldn't just be shoved away and forgotten about, they're all part of the journey after all.

I copied a knitpicks pattern from youtube, but she was making just ordinary mittens, so when I got halfway up my hand I just cast off and then cast on to make the separate mitten top and then attached the two pieces together. I had planned to line them with some fleece, but a year on and I still haven't gotten round to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment