29 January 2012

Put a sock in it

I tried making some socks for myself a while ago but I didn't follow the directions very well, it was just a youtube clip and the lady was just saying rough measurements and because they were my first socks I couldn't really guess like she could so they ended up really over sized.



So after my baby booties success I decided to try again and this time they were so much easier, I got it on the first attempt, and making notes as I went I was able to make an exact replica for the other foot. I wanted some chunky socks, but they're not all that comfy to walk in, so I have to wear a thin pair of shop bought socks underneath, so not as successful as I thought they would be, I haven't made any others since, instead I make leg warmers now. But I feel good knowing that I can make socks if I want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment