13 April 2012

Bibidy Bib

Another friend of mine had a baby back in November and on a recent visit to them she was saying how they had just started using bibs because she has a lot of dribble now. Her only problem was that they only had 3 that had been given to them, so I suggested that I go away and make some for her out of old fabric that I had.

She was using those triangle ones that seem to be all the fashion at the moment and I'm not a fan. I hate to see people follow the latest trends, and I feel that those triangular ones look more like a fashion accessory than a bib for a baby, and why does a baby need an accessory? They don't, they need a bib that looks like a bib and that makes them look like a baby instead of some cool older person keeping up an image. I hate the way fashions work, someone has something and then all of a sudden everyone else is wearing the exact same thing and then no one is original. Ok rant over with, sorry about that.

So I looked up some different patterns on line and this is the design I came up with, as modelled by my beautiful assistant Molly.







This the back, I decided to do long ties so that it wouldn't get too small too quickly.






 This one is made of an old tea towel






This one is an old babies duvet cover






And this one I think looks a bit funny, it's supposed to resemble a flower, maybe it needed some extra petals on? Each petal has a letter of her name.






And it's reversible too, and still says her name. And is also made from an old tea towel and a table cloth, what's better for soaking up liquid lol

No comments:

Post a Comment