4 February 2013

A massive catch up

I have really let myself get behind with updating this, let me see, I have about 25 projects to add, I think I have to just do a mass update over a number of posts with minimal description just to catch up, then i'll be able to update better, I have a lot of projects coming up, so it's better to get organised before it gets worse. So here goes!

First up is this beautiful chest, I started to renovate it quite a while ago, it belonged to my brother in laws grandmother, she was going to America with it when she was a young woman, but somehow never ended up going, and it had been passed to his mother and then on to him and had just been sat rotting away, until I came along. It was originally lined with blue and white stripey paper, it had gone really nasty and couldn't be cleaned, so I decided the only solution was to strip it, it took a long time, these types of projects always do, but so worth it in the end, and now I have a lovely chest to store my fabrics in. Here are the before and after pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment