6 May 2012

Flowery purse

I decided to make myself a purse because I had just found the perfect fabric for it. It is so pretty, it's an old set of curtains, it did feel a shame to cut them up, but I'll get plenty of use from the material. I searched for ages to find a good pattern but couldn't find one that I liked, but a tip I did pick up was to use a bank card as a template so that you get the sizing right. I wanted a zip for coins and a zip for card and somewhere to put notes. It's funny when you have an idea in your head that you can't find anywhere, I often find that, so it's really handy now that I've started sewing, I can make whatever I want, and don't have to make compromises any more.

The buttons are just for show, I bought some tine magnets and have sewn them into the fabric under the buttons, so it clips shut. I decided I wasn't ready to fiddle about with those magnetic poppers yet so opted for just plain magnets, it's a cheat way to get the same result.


No comments:

Post a Comment